Labconco Corporation, a worldwide manufacturer of laboratory equipment, is seeking an experienced Welder to perform MIG and TIG welding on different metal types and thickness (cold rolled, stainless steel and aluminum).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and run, without assistance, all welding equipment in the metal fabrication shop.
- Determine sequence of operations by studying engineering blueprints including weld symbols, specifications and other written instructions.
- Accurately use all measuring devices in shop.
- Demonstrate ability to produce quality welds and perform subsequent weld cleaning or finishing on some thicknesses and joint designs that are typical of Labconco products, i.e. structural, cosmetic, leak tight, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- 2+ year’s previous welding experience working with cold rolled, stainless steel and aluminum preferred.
- MUST be able to set up and use welding equipment.
- Ability to understand the product flow while maintaining the production of quality product.
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, dependability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of personnel.
Monday – Friday, 6:00 am-2:30pm.
Vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, FSA, dental, vision, 401k, company paid life insurance, STD & LTD.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this position please visit our Employment Opportunities website at www.labconco.com/jobs