Business Retention & Expansion Survey
ATTENTION ALL BUSINESS, FARM, & RANCH OWNERS, CEO’S, AND OPERATING MANAGERS!!
The Bourbon County Business Retention and Expansion Survey is officially here!
CLICK HERE: Bourbon County Expansion and Retention Survey
OUR GOAL: To make Bourbon County the place people want to live, work, and play.
Ultimately lowering the overall tax burden to businesses and citizens through increased tax base and creating new value. Bourbon County is developing a strategic plan, using best practice, evidence based solutions, and addressing the needs heard straight from the community members themselves through tools like this survey. The plan itself will be measurable, trackable, and reportable.
By working toward a more tax friendly environment and increasing our population we can lessen the weight of taxes on the individual with more citizens sharing these costs.
The objectives of the survey are to:
- Obtain a source of primary data to develop a measurable county-wide economic development plan.
- Aggregated regional survey results will be used to inform regional strategic planning with the Southeast Kansas Regional Planning Commission.
- Voices of business owners will be used to participate in the process of improving the business climate, validate local needs, and advocate for regional, state, and federal resources.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with businesses.
- Develop a better understanding of the concerns, problems and opportunities of businesses in the area and leverage perceived strengths with perceived barriers within the community
Like any other community, there will be many opportunities that will be identified in the survey. We do not have the capacity or resources to address every single issue. Through a transparent process of gathering community input through both a community perception and business retention and expansion survey, soliciting feedback from focus groups all over the county, and analyzing primary and secondary data we will be able to articulate how the priorities in the strategic plan were identified and determined by Bourbon County citizens years from now.
Thank you in advance for taking the 8-10 minutes to fill out this very important survey for the County and the SEK region’s economic development plan. Confidentiality will be kept and no identifiable information will be disclosed that will identify any specific organization or business. We look forward to sharing aggregated data with any entity who completes the survey.
To access the survey, please click here: Bourbon County Expansion and Retention Survey
Jody Hoener, LBSW, MBA
Bourbon County Kansas
Economic Development Director
210 S National Ave
Fort Scott, KS 66701