Small Business Grant for Downtown Storefront Businesses! The HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program will fund solutions that help small business owners respond and adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, and also help to revitalize and strengthen older and historic downtown commercial districts. Grants of $5,000 to $15,000 will be awarded on a competitive and first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of 50 percent of grants will benefit diverse-owned businesses, as defined by the Small Business Administration as minority, woman, veteran, disabled, and/or LGBTQ-owned. Applications will open the week of Monday, July 27 and continue to be accepted until 11:59 PM PT August 23, 2020 or until 500 applications have been submitted, whichever is sooner. https://www.
- Applications for the HartBeat of Main Street Small Business Grant Program ("Program") will be accepted from July 27, 2020 through 11:59 pm PT on August 23, 2020 or whenever 500 applications have been submitted, whichever is sooner ("Application Period").
- Grant recipients are not required to be customers of The Hartford. Applications will be weighed and grants awarded without consideration of applicant’s being or not being a present, past, or prospective customer of The Hartford.
Grants of $5,000 to $15,000 will be awarded on a competitive and first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of 50 percent of grants will benefit diverse-owned businesses, as defined by the Small Business Administration as minority, woman, veteran, disabled, and/or LGBTQ-owned.
- ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for a Program grant:
- The applicant’s business must be a business entity in good standing in the state in which it was formed and the state in which it does business.
- The applicant’s business must operate a “brick and mortar” store-front since at least January 1, 2019 in an older or historic downtown, Main Street or Neighborhood Commercial District.
- The applicant’s business must employ less than 20 full time employees.
- The applicant must be an owner of the business.
- The applicant must be at least age 18 years or older.
- What types of grant expenses are eligible?
- Eligible grant expenses include but are not limited to:
- Physical improvements to business space to meet relevant reopening requirements implemented because of COVID-19
- Equipment to comply with public health and safety guidelines (i.e., touchless payment methods, automatic door open sensors, or disposable menus)
- Fees associated with expanding the business to e-commerce sales
- Other professional services, such as business plan modifications
- Rent, payroll, and other operating expenses