Eat & Buy Local- Meet and Greet
The Healthy Bourbon County Action Team is currently in year two of the $500,000 BCBS Pathways to Healthy Kansas Grant. Through policy and environmental change, we aim to:
- Increase awareness and community engagement in leading healthy lifestyles
- Make the healthy choice the default choice through cross sectors of our community
- Improve the quality of life & encourage economic development
- Increase access and reduce barriers to healthy foods & physical activity
- Support tobacco free living
This year we are advocating for access to fresh locally grown food in our grocery stores and restaurants.
When we buy locally produced food we are investing our dollars close to home, encouraging healthy lifestyles, and contributing to our community?s sustainability and resiliency.