Fort Scott Compassionate Ministries
- Community Resources - Social Services
Fort Scott Compassionate Ministries and Outreach Center opened the doors in January, 2014 with the help of My Father's House Community Services of Paola, KS. In October, 2016, we became a solely local ministry, and on January, 2017, we moved to our present location on the 2nd Floor of the Bourbon County Senior Center.
We are a local Compassionate Ministry Center sponsored locally by Fort Scott Church of the Nazarene and supported by other local Churches.
We seek to live and act compassionately in the community following Christ's own life and ministry, to be incarnations of the same gospel that Christ lived and preached and to be witnesses to the same love and compassion God has for our world.
We are also the designated Salvation Army Disaster Relief and Services Extension Unit for Bourbon County. Through this partnership, we can provide a limited amount of the following assistance:
Disaster Relief Assistance
Rental and Utility Assistance
Prescriptions (No narcotics)
Gasoline (Work and Doctor)
Vision Help (Eyeglasses)
Salvation Army Summer Kids Camp
Other unspecified needs on a case by case basis
- Our Vision... is to see every individual and family living successfully and interdependently within a caring community.
- Our Mission... to value the community by assisting and empowering individuals and families to overcome life's challenges
- Our Belief... To love, accept, and care for people just as they are.
- Purpose... To provide services previously unavailable to the homeless, transient, and economically challenged.
- Transformation...To encourage others to invest in service that is inspiring, fulfilling, and helpful to others.
Whom to Contact
- Rev. Allen SchellackDirector/Chaplain26 N. Main St.Fort Scott, KS 66701Phone: (620) 223-2212