Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Fort Scott Washateria
The Fort Scott Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony celebrating the opening of the new Fort Scott Washateria at 501 S. National Avenue. The event will take place Saturday, September 7th, 10:00 a.m. with remarks and ribbon cutting at 10:15 a.m. Free hot dogs, chips, sodas, sno cones, popcorn and homemade ice cream! Music provided by local radio station KOMB FM 103.9 from 10am-12pm.
There will be giveaways, and specials on wash/dry/fold subscriptions. ALL WASHES AND DRIES ARE FREE FROM SEPTEMBER 7th-14th (1 load per visit, does not include soap or softener)!!
Fort Scott Washateria is owned and managed by Lori Lovelace. The following services will be available:
- Downloadable "Spiderwash" app (and a loyalty card) that tells you what machines are available and how long your load has until it's done
- Wash/dry/fold services- Starching & pressing
- Alterations- Delivery in Fort Scott- Soaker sinks
- Vending machines with detergent, softener, etc.
- Kids section with movies & blackboard wall
- Free coffee & tea
Washateria features state-of-the-art machines, including:
- Eight 22 lb. washers, two 40 lb. washers, two 60 lb. washers, one 80 lb. washer, eight 30 lb. dryers, four 40 lb. dryers, one 75 lb. dryer
The Washateria will be open from 8am-8pm, 7 days per week (Note: the Washateria will be unattended from 8am-12pm on Sundays.)
Lori Lovelace also has the Fort Scott Community Clothes Closet on the site, which is a 501c3 non-profit. The clothes closet will be run by volunteers. If you would like to volunteer or would like to be a Board member, there is an organizational meeting August 15th at 6pm at Washateria.
Contact Lori Lovelace at: 620-644-9834 for more info.